For the mean comments meme, I decided to do a picture that I’d planned to do some time ago when the “blue/black and white/gold” dress deal was going on, but I never got around to it. I actually consider myself a fan of Monica Lewinsky, as in, yeah I’d hit that, or oh man what a lucky girl… but I never really thought further than that, like what kind of person she is behind all the rumors. She was just a sexual fantasy to me, but now I am happy to have learned some more things about her.
So when I saw the meme, I decided to actually watch through the whole video, and it’s very very beautiful the things she says, and she shares her personal struggles with us, it’d almost made me decide not to go with this theme for the picture, however I don’t think I am doing this picture out of cruelty, I genuinely like the woman, so here I am posed on my knees with my Senator Apple as part of my fantasy lived out through SL!
The blue dress I’m wearing is a symbol of not only Monica herself, but the recent blue dress meme and how quickly something so simple as a photo can be spread and talked about between everyone just overnight. This is something more recent that we have all seen, many people wont remember what it was like back in 1998, I don’t think I would because I was only a kid at the time! but I did grow up hearing stories about her, and she’s become a part of pop culture as well as history. What she has gone through has been a part of most American’s lives even if it was just hearing a joke on the TV or hearing her name in a song. I don’t really think what she did was all that bad anyhow. The only problem was, she got caught. We all know damn well each and every one of us does something wrong at some point in our lives, most of us are lucky enough not to have it broadcasted.
This also brings me to another point about my very well known love for Miley Cyrus. She is a girl who grew up in the spot light, with people constantly judging her for every action she makes. Now she is very obviously trolling everyone and the media, and too many people just don’t get it. Her free spirited nature and openness has saved me from a very dark place in my life, I strive to be like her and smile and live my life without shame, no matter who is watching and judging me. Even at times when there is pain involved and my secrets have gone public, I want those who are close to me to know I love them and never mean to hurt them, I just want to have a fun time and love everyone that I possibly can!
On with the meme!
- Have you ever been subjected to mean comments online by strangers? If not, then skip to question #5. – Yes, I have, I am a bit of a troll so often times this will happen to me but it’s because I’m usually asking for it. I’m very lucky to have not been seriously bullied considering the way I am.
- How did you respond to them? – I don’t often respond, although occasionally I will respond with a “kissing emote”. Muah! ❤
- How did they make you feel? – When I was younger it would’ve bothered me, but I’ve been through much to teach me that the type of people who have the time of day to be cruel, are the ones who need to be pitied the most. I don’t even mean to be cliche, I really do feel sorry for them.
- Can you share some of the mean comments you’ve received and your thoughts on them? – I have a recent screencap that was given to me, I’ve censored the names to protect the people involved, (but not before accidentally showing my overprotective friend this *facepalms*) I really thought it was funny, most of these aren’t even that harsh and some people even complimented it, and I think I would have the same reaction, I mean even the parody itself was my own comment on the original, and that could even be considered meaner than any of these comments. However “kill yourself” I found was a bit much, I wasn’t really hurt by that or anything, I just think, if that’s what comes to your mind when you see something like this, maybe you’re the one who needs help.
- Have you ever ridiculed or negatively commented on someone else’s work, actions or personality with the intention to hurt them? – A long time ago I was a very hateful and judgmental person, so I do not doubt that I would’ve done this. I’ve just learned to let it go, and I’m so much happier for it. I think of the saying “if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all.” You may have heard this saying so much that it loses meaning to you, but if you stop and think about it, why do these cruel thoughts need to be said? What does it benefit? As for me, I will still sometimes say cruel things as a joke to my close friends. If they feel uncomfortable with it, and I realize this, I will back down immediately.
My Details :
Hair : Lamb – Stranger @ n21
Skin : League (Maitreya Body + Slink Hands)
Makeup : Pink Fuel, The Shops, Lovely Alien, Kooqla
Dress : Epoque – Debated Mini
Shoes : Livalle (Formerly L.Warwick) High Strapped https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Livalle-Modig-High-Strapped-Sandals-Noir/6895797
Senator Apple’s Details :
Hair : Magika
Skin : Birdy
Suit Top : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Addams-Suit-Jacket-with-3-Version-Shirt-FATPACK/6833070
Suit Bottom : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Addams-Suit-Pants-with-Belt-FATPACK/6834179
Shoes : Just Designs – Cult Lacquered Red – https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JD-Cult-Lacquered-Red/5930673
Pose : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/EXE-Couple-Pose-Kneeling-for-my-Senator/7039442
Meme Original : http://strawberrysingh.com/2015/03/30/mean-comments-meme/